New Port Richey Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys
Swimming pool accidents involve complex legal issues requiring the skill and knowledge of a dedicated team of injury lawyers
Swimming pools provide hours of enjoyment and seem to be almost everywhere we turn. Backyards, clubs, hotels and homeowners associations are only a few of the many places where swimming pools are found. The experienced New Port Richey injury lawyers at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett, P.A. know the fun and enjoyment associated with swimming and diving can quickly turn tragic when swimming pool accidents cause death and devastating injuries to the victims.
Representing the rights of victims of the dangers posed by swimming pools
Drowning represents the leading cause of death in children less than 4 years of age. If the child does not die, there is still the risk of a catastrophic brain injury. Other fatal and nonfatal accidents associated with swimming pools may include:
- Diving: Diving improperly into the shallow water of a swimming pool may result in head or spinal cord injuries.
- Electrocution: Faulty installation or improper maintenance can cause underwater lighting in swimming pools to become deadly sources of electric shocks.
- Improperly trained lifeguards: Many facilities do not provide lifeguards at their swimming pools or employ lifeguards with little or no training.
- Fencing: Swimming pools can act like magnets in the way children are attracted to them. Inadequate fencing or gates that do not lock properly may allow children to enter an unsupervised pool injury and be injured or killed.
- Pool Covers: Swimming pools covered for the winter may still pose a danger if the covers are not properly secured. A child or an adult walking on part of the pool cover could fall into the water and drown after becoming entangled in the cover.
Our knowledgeable New Port Richey swimming pool accident attorneys are skilled in assembling and presenting the evidence needed to prove liability against the owners and managers of properties on which swimming pools are located. We know the law and how to apply them to obtain fair and just compensation for the victims of swimming pool accidents.
Proving liability against the parties responsible for causing swimming pool accidents
Homeowners with swimming pools in their backyards and managers of facilities with swimming pools, such as homeowner associations, hotels, motels and apartment complexes, are obligated to use reasonable care to prevent users of the swimming pools from being injured. A breach of this duty, as when a property owner allows an unsafe condition to exist, could entitle an injured party to damages against the negligent owner.
A person injured in a swimming pool accident may have a claim for damages against someone other than the property owner or the manager of the facility on which the pool was located. The manufacturer of the diving board, pool ladder or other part associated with the swimming pool might be liable for the payment of damages. Our team of injury attorneys has more than 150 years of combined experience representing the victims of defective products and securing the maximum compensation possible.
Contact our experienced New Port Richey swimming pool accident lawyers for a free consultation
If you or a family member has been the victim of a swimming pool accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages and other damages associated with your injuries. You don’t have to fight for compensation on your own. The personal injury attorneys at the New Port Richey law offices of Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett, P.A. are dedicated to obtaining the maximum recovery for you. Call us today at 727-835-5536 to schedule a free consultation and case evaluation. You can also contact us online through our website.